What to pack for an African hunting trip - African hunting trip list:
- Lightweight raincoat, it is always good to be prepared
- Battery operated alarm clock
- Personal medication: this should include medication for upset stomachs, allergy tablets, antiseptic ointment, general pain medication, cold and flu medication, nasal congestion spray and any other medication you have to take on a daily basis. Please keep any prescription medication in your carry-on and not in your check-in luggage. Have an additional note from your doctor explaining your prescription medication so our doctors can find a local alternative in the event you loose your medication.
- Insect repellant (August-April)
- Sun screen (odorless)
- If you like to keep a journal, then bring one along.
- Premium grade ammunition (60 rounds per caliber is the maximum. We suggest 60 rounds per caliber)
- Cleaning kit for your rifle
- One soft case per rifle for traveling between hunting properties
- Enough film or memory sticks for your camera. You are welcome to bring along a camcorder/video camera
- Hunting clothes for at least three days
- 2 – 3 sets of clothes for traveling and shopping
- Personal toiletries
- Chap stick (April – August)
- A warm jacket for winter, and additional warm clothing (April-August)
- Beanie, scarf and gloves (May – August)
- Head lamp with additional batteries
- Flash light and batteries
- Small back pack
- A Leatherman is always a great idea
- GPS for personal use if you so desire
- At least 3 color, notarized copies of your passport – stored in different places in your luggage: one copy in the rifle case, one copy in your check-in bag and the third copy in your carry-on luggage for just in case you loose your passport
- Make sure you have more than 2 pages OPEN in your passport before entry to South Africa
- Make sure your passport is valid for more than 6 months AFTER your return to your country of origin
- And while you are packing, bring a bore snake along
If you like to read then bring a book for the not-so-busy times.
Enjoy your Africa hunting safari!