Cape buffalo hunting package
Cape buffalo hunting package in South Africa with Hunting in Africa Safaris
Our Cape buffalo hunting packages include all your hunting associated cost: from the hunting lodges and hunting camps in all the areas we hunt in, to surface travel, accommodation, laundry and drinks. You will find our Cape buffalo hunting prices to be fair and within reason, allowing you the opportunity to hunt the most dangerous member of the African Big 5. Simultaneously your hunt will allow us to be employed, thank you!
We have affordable Cape buffalo hunting safari packages because we have built a reputable name in the South African professional hunting industry by paying our bills and supporting those who support us. Building and maintaining business relationships with first class reviews ensure Hunting in Africa Safaris and Tours receives preferential prices and treatment from our suppliers.
Minimum legal caliber for hunting Cape buffalo
Hunting Cape buffalo is a dangerous game hunt and according to most African hunting laws the minimum required caliber to hunt Cape buffalo with is a 375. No matter what legal caliber you decide to hunt with, you absolutely need to comply with the following two rules:
- you must be able to shoot your rifle accurately up to 50 yards from several different positions (sitting, standing, off shooting-sticks, off a back-pack or from a tree branch) PRIOR to starting your African Cape buffalo hunt.
- you must only use the best premium grade ammunition your rifle will shoot accurately for hunting Cape buffalo purposes
The following is included in your Cape buffalo hunting package: South Africa
- Trophy fee for 1 Cape buffalo
- 5 days hunting
- Optional day trips available if time permits
- If we do not successfully hunt a Cape buffalo daily rates of US$ 650-00 per day 1X1 and US$ 550-00 per hunter per day on a 2X1 basis will prevail.
Cape buffalo hunting prices: All the above hunting costs –
1 X 1 for 5 days $ 14 950-00
2 X 1 for 7 days $ 14 500-00 per hunter
Observers: add an additional $ 1 250-00 per person for 5 days and $ 1 550 per person for 7 days.
You may harvest animals outside the package deal.
Bowhunting and archery hunting Cape buffalo
Bowhunting equipment when bow hunting Cape buffalo
- use a bow that delivers at least 80 foot-pounds kinetic energy
- arrow weight should ideally be 880 – 900 grains (minimum arrow weight 700 grains)
- the shaft of the arrow should be thinner than the ferrule of the broadhead
- best broadhead for Cape buffalo hunting should be a one-piece broad head which must be re-sharpenable and have a weight of at least 220 grains
- the broadhead must be a 2-blade, cut-on-impact broad head: this combination arrows and broadheads have the best penetration abilities, and you will need every inch you can get
- stay away from mechanical broadheads at all cost
Please indicate if you are a traditional archery hunting fanatic who would like to bow hunt your Cape buffalo with traditional archery equipment.
Shot placement when rifle hunting or bowhunting Cape buffalo
Image above reproduced with the kind permission of Mag-Set Publications (Pvt) Ltd. Publishers of the African Hunter and African Fisherman Magazines. Africa – Zimbabwe - Get your limited free shot placement software version from http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.myprogram.android.shotplacementguidefree
Robert Ruark aptly described the African Cape buffalo as follows in his book Horn of the Hunter:
“But that buff is so big and mean and ugly and hard to stop, and vindictive and cruel and surly and ornery. He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money. He looks like he is hunting you.”
Remember to ask us why a shot from the left side will have a better effect than a shot from the right side of the Cape buffalo.
This hunt may take place in a malaria region. Please consult with your local doctor prior to coming on this hunt.
What is included and what is excluded from your African safari hunting package
|Services of a suitably qualified Professional Hunter for the duration of the hunting safari||Medical, personal and property insurance|
|Laundry on a daily basis||Charter flights – if required|
|All meals while on safari||Items of a personal nature|
|Drinks – all bottled water and soft drinksAlcoholic beverages – locally available wine, beer and spirits in moderation||Trophy fees of animals harvested outside of and additional to the original safari hunting package|
|All land transport – from the moment we collect you at the airport till we drop you off at the airport upon completion of your hunt||All taxidermy work and taxidermy associated expenses and shipping cost|
|Trophy fees of the animals specified in the hunting safari package||Gratuities|
|Services of a skinner and tracker for the duration of the hunting safari||Cost of accommodation on the day of arrival if we cannot drive to the hunting lodge due to time restraints|
|Field preparation of your trophies and delivery of the trophies to our preferred taxidermist|